Sunday, February 20, 2011

First Depot, 1880

Source:Views of Huron : the "Good Old Days" (Spiral Scrapbook) / Huron, SD : Mrs Charles Barkl, 1930-1940, page "5" [Location:Huron Public Library].
First depot 1880. used until Kent House  [was] built about 1883. The Pres. [Presbyterian] Church and the Union S.S. [Sunday School] were organized here.  All faced the north.  The depot was at the north side and the baggage at the west end.

No comments:

Post a Comment